WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG FOR A SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE STAY
WHAT YOU NEED TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG - FOR MOM, DAD AND BABY!
When it comes time to go to the hospital to have your baby, there’s a lot to think about and maybe not so much time to organize your thoughts. But don’t worry - I'm here to help! In this article, I will outline what you need to pack in your hospital bag for a smooth and comfortable stay. Let’s get started!
WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG FOR YOURSELF:
- Button down pajama dresses (or sets) that will allow you to easily breastfeed and use the restroom without much fuss. This is especially recommended if you are having a C-section - the less movement necessary the better.
- Your favorite slippers or sandals with comfy socks to keep you warm in the freezing hospital temps
- Toiletry essentials including face wash, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- A hairbrush to smooth out that lovely delivery hair ;)
- Makeup basics to smooth out those beautifully tired eyes to commemorate baby's debut and departure photos!
WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG FOR YOU & DAD:
- Two pillows and a cozy blanket for sleeping (er naps). I highly recommend a colored or printed pillowcase to prevent nursing staff accidentally disposing of your pillowcase when you're roaming the halls.
- Sweatshirt - Make sure dad packs one for the freezing hospital temps.
- Headphones for Dad to listen to music or watch a show while Mama and baby are napping.
- Noise machine or app to drown out the inevitable hospital sounds.
- Snacks for when Dad needs some energy but you need him close!
- Water bottles for easy refills.
- Phone chargers so you can always snap a precious moment.
- ID and Insurance cards - easy to forget when in the rush!
WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG FOR BABY:
- Newborn clothing essentials to keep baby warm - an easy swaddle, a fastener-free onesie and a beanie to keep them warm.